General and Family Dentistry
We believe that prevention is the foundation of great dental health. With proper home care, professional cleanings, and regular exams, you can enjoy a fabulous, healthy smile throughout your lifetime. We can also help patients avoid costly therapies by stopping problems before they escalate. Regular prevention is truly an investment in your future, so we may recommend:
- Regular Checkups (every six months)
- Patient Education
- Periodontal Treatment - Nearly 80 percent of adults have some level of periodontal, or gum, disease. Periodontal disease develops when plaque, the sticky, colorless film produced by normal bacteria, builds up in your mouth. The bacteria break down the natural fiber that bonds your gums to your teeth, and this compromises healthy teeth and gums. Without therapy, gum disease can cause tooth loss and other serious health issues. Our hygienist will perform a thorough exam to look for signs of periodontal disease. If we discover problems, we may recommend scaling, root planing, or Arestin antibiotic therapy to repair the damage and restore your oral health. Learn more about gum disease in our patient library.
- TMJ Therapy - If you experience headaches, neck pain, earaches, or clicking or popping in your jaw, you may suffer from TMJ, temporomandibular joint dysfunction. This condition occurs when the jaw joints are improperly aligned, and it can lead to discomfort and improper wear on teeth. After your complete oral evaluation, Dr. Baker will assess your situation and determine the best therapy, which may include an oral appliance to correct alignment. Don’t suffer anymore! Call our office to schedule an appointment and get the relief you deserve.
- Oral Cancer Screening with ViziLite Plus - The ViziLite Plus exam can help your dentist or hygienist identify abnormal tissue, that might develop into oral cancer. An annual ViziLite Plus exam, in combination with a regular visual examination, provides a comprehensive oral screening procedure for patients at increased risk for oral cancer. The ViziLite Plus exam is painless and fast, and could help save your life. Early detection is the key to reducing the devastating impact of oral cancer on victims and their families. Annual oral cancer screening of patients at increased risk for oral cancer, patients age 18 and older, and tobacco users of any age, is the only way to achieve the early detection of oral cancer necessary to reduce the death rate of oral cancer – a death rate that has remained unchanged for more than 40 years!
- Mouth Guards (for athletes)
- Night Guards (for bruxers)